I’ve gathered all the information you’ll need for your search in finding the PERFECT National Park to elope at.
Set your adventurous soul free and explore a few of these magical locations with your honey!

Each National Park links to its respective NPS website which includes links to other national monuments, preserves, historical areas, etc.

Denali National Park and Preserve

Gates of the Arctic National Park

Glacier Bay National Park

Katmai National Park and Preserve

Kenai Fjords National Park

Kobuk Valley National Park

Lake Clark National Park

Wrandell – St Elias

National Park of American Samoa


Grand Canyon National Park

Petrified Forest National Park

Saguaro National Park


Hot Springs National Park


Not a National Park but useful info
Big Sur Special Event Permit Information Packet

Channel Islands National Park

Death Valley National Park

Joshua Tree National Park

Kings Canyon National Park

Lassen Volcanic National Park

Redwood National Park

Redwood National and State Parks (northern California coast) have 12 pre-approved locations that are expedited in the approval process for ceremonies. Each location has a maximum number of guests allowed. Pre-approved locations are $200, others you need to select when and where and have those approved.

Pre-approved locations have a rough turnaround time of 2 weeks, other locations require a minimum of 4 weeks.

There are 4 locations that do not allow wedding ceremonies at all: Stout Grove, Ladybird Johnson Grove, Fern Canyon, or the James Irvine Trail.

More info and pre-approved locations: https://www.nps.gov/redw/planyourvisit/supweddings.htm

Sequoia National Park

Yosemite National Park


Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park

Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve

Mesa Verde National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rocky Mountain National Park has a very strict permit policy and now only allows weddings (even 2-person vow-readings) at a few locations (they recently banned any hiking elopements that aren’t in these specific spots).

Allowed Wedding Locations: https://www.nps.gov/romo/planyourvisit/wedding_locations.htm

To photograph a wedding at the park, the couple needs a $200 wedding permit for a specific time at one of those locations.


Biscayne National Park

Dry Tortugas National Park

Everglades National Park


Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

Haleakalā National Park

$150 application fee. 10 business day turnaround for simple weddings and ceremonies. Anything requiring chairs, etc. requires a 4 week turnaround. No permits are approved for a group any larger than 25 people. Certain wilderness areas are not permitted as selected locations. No amplified sound.

There is also now a reservation fee required if viewing sunrise at Haleakala. You can reserve your morning up to 60 days in advance.


Mammoth Cave National Park


Acadia National Park


Isle Royale National Park


Voyageurs National Park


Glacier National Park


Great Basin National Park

New Mexico

Carlsbad Caverns National Park

North Carolina

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

North Dakota

Theodore Roosevelt National Park


Cuyahoga Valley National Park


Crater Lake National Park

$50 for a wedding application and then if granted, it’s another $50. They do not allow amplified sound. They also, like many other parks, do not allow blocking off/reserving areas, so the location you choose needs to still be accessible for regular park guests. Allow at least 8 weeks for processing the wedding application.

South Carolina

Congaree National Park

South Dakota

Badlands National Park

Wind Cave National Park


Great Smoky Mountains National Park


Big Bend National Park

Guadalupe Mountains National Park

United States Virgin Islands

Virgin Islands National Park


Arches National Park

Bryce Canyon National Park

Canyonlands National Park

Capitol Reef National Park

Zion National Park


Shenandoah National Park


Mount Rainier National Park

North Cascades National Park

Olympic National Park

Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest

- Point of contact is Sue Sherman-Biery at 360-854-2660

o Talk with her directly about what you’re planning (she’s very nice and accommodating) and she will advise you on what to do specifically but in general you’ll need a special use permit for over 75 people. You’ll also need a commercial use license for photography which ranges from 100-300 depending on how many people are present.


Grand Teton National Park

Yellowstone National Park